J. Cole To Headline Meadows Art & Music Festival In Queens

J. Cole Tweets Number For Fans To Call, Possibly Hinting Revenge Of The Dreamers 2

J. Cole has been added as a headliner for the inaugural Meadows Art and Music Festival, to be held in Queens, New York, on October 1-2.

The MC was added to the bill after R&B star The Weeknd backed out of his headlining time slot, in order to accommodate his performance at Saturday Night Live the same evening.

The singer will now be performing an earlier set at the venue.

G.O.O.D. Music head Kanye West will be headlining as well. Additional artists slated to perform include Chance the Rapper, Grimes, Bryson Tiller, Kamasi Washington, Kygo, and many more.

Kevin Gates, The Weeknd, G-Eazy & More To Perform At 2016 Voodoo Fest In New Orleans

The Weeknd

Baton Rouge rapper Kevin Gates, The Weeknd, G-Eazy and many more are slated to hit the stage at New Orleans’ 2016 Voodoo Fest October 28-30.

The lineup for the music fest is composed of its classic collage of legacy, Hip Hop, dance, and Indie acts, as the headlining artists range across diverse genres, with The Weeknd, Tool, and Arcade Fire set to top the bill of the three-day event.

The Times-Picayne reports that C3 Presents, which is also responsible for Austin City Limits and Lollapalooza, will manage the day-to-day operations of the concert.

C3 Presents is stepping up in place of Live Nation for the event, after event founder Steve Rehage exited his position at the concert promotions company.

Young Jeezy Gives Take On Political Election

img_6242

 

The Snowman Young Jeezy recently gave his take on the current political climate in an interview with AllHipHop.com at the 2016 BET Hip Hop Awards.

The Atlanta rap star characterized the current political climate as “comedy,” before giving his take on how the presidential race involving business mogul Donald Trump and former First Lady Hillary Clinton may impact the community.

“Everybody know that s##t aint for us, but you know we gotta side with whatever makes sense for us. Other than that it really doesn’t affect us you know what I’m saying?,” Jeezy told AllHipHop.com.

The rapper seems to have developed a much different stance on politics since the release of his track “My President,” from his 2008 album The Recession.

The classic track celebrates the election of first black president of the United States Barack Obama.

Also, in other news, earlier this month Jeezy announced the upcoming release of his Trap Or Die 3 project.

The two previous installments of the series that began 11 years ago features classic tracks such as, “Get Ya Mind Right,” and “Lose My Mind.”

Video by Robert Baul.

Lil Wayne Says He Was Depressed For Days After Drake Had Sex Wih His Girlfriend

img_6250

Last year, snippets of Lil Wayne’s upcoming memoir “Gone ‘Til November: A Journal Of Rikers Island” lit up the Internet, when it was revealed that Drake, had slept with one of his girlfriends.

The amorous affair occurred as Lil Wayne languished in a prison cell on Rikers Island, as the New Orleans rapper served an eight month sentence for having a gun in 2007 outside the Beacon Theater in New York.

Those few sentences circulating from the memoir leaked online while the book was being shopped around, and led many to question Drake’s loyalty to the man who signed him to Young Money.

Now that “Gone Til November” is ready to be released next month, more snippets are hitting the Internet

In one chapter, Weezy goes into more detail about Drake banging his girlfriend while he was locked down on Rikers.

“Finding out that she f##ked Drake was the absolute worst thing I could have found out. Drizzy came to see me, he was like, ‘Yeah, it’s true’,” Lil Wayne wrote.

The rapper revealed that he was so upset over the affair, that he stayed in his jail cell for several days, in a deep depression.

“Damn! This is the type of s##t a man never wants to find out while he is locked up,” Lil Wayne wrote.

Despite Drake’s treachery, Wayne found some benefits in his isolation from the world.

His eight months spent on Rikers allowed him to focus on his music, and lessen his dependence on drugs for inspiration.

“I always thought I needed things like being high with my n## gas, a Bugatti, a dope-ass crib or some big-booty b##ches to be creative. But once it was taken away from me, my creativity was put to the ultimate test.”

It seems Drake and Weezy must have worked out their differences, as the pair have made many appearances together on stage since then, most recently on September 10, during the Los Angeles stop on Drake’s “Summer Sixteen” tour.

Both are also aligned with Rap-A-Lot Records and J. Prince, who is shoring up a defense for Lil Wayne and Young Money in a $51 million lawsuit against Cash Money over unpaid royalties.

“Gone Til November” will hit stores on October 11

Max B’s 75-Year Prison Sentence Shortened Dramatically After Plea Deal. Could Be Home In 2 Years

 

(Billboard) Despite a 75-year prison sentence handed down in 2009 for a deadly armed robbery, Wiz Khalifa tweeted Friday (Sept. 16) that rapper Max B will get out of jail early after his sentence was shortened. Max’s publicist confirmed the news in a press release.

Max B is coming home. Sentence got shortened. Looks like the Gang will be working wit the Wave.

The Harlem-based rapper (real name: Charly Wingate) was sentenced alongside stepbrother Kelvin Leerdam, who received a life term plus 35 years after jurors found that he fatally shot one of the victims.

French Montana further shed light on the situation, saying in an Instagram post that Max could be home in as little as two years.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BKbrAyPA-dY/embed/
Max B’s publicist issued a press release stating that the rapper had entered a plea deal for the sole charge of aggravated manslaughter, while all his original charges on his 12-count indictment, including first-degree murder and first-degree robbery, will be dropped. No definitive release date has yet been set.

“This proceeding was not a question of my guilt or innocence, but about the bad advice, poor judgment, and overall ineffectiveness of my trial attorney,” Max said in a statement.

Max, 38 — who was signed to Jim Jones’ Byrd Gang label back in 2006 — has stayed in the public eye behind bars, even releasing the song “Silver Surfer,” featuring Khalifa, Joe Young and Alpac, on SoundCloud in February. The song followed a brief Twitter beef between Khalifa and Kanye West in January, when ‘Ye indicated that he would name his next album (eventually titled The Life of Pablo) Waves. “Max B is the wavy one,” Wiz tweeted at the time. “He created the wave. There is no wave without him.”

The Game Believes Meek Mill Implicated Him In Robbery Of Sean Kingston’s $300K Chain, Sparking Their Beef. Meek Responds

 

The Game seemed to come out of left field when he called Meek Mill a snitch during a concert at STORY Nightclub in Miami Thursday, September 15, then following that up today with the diss song “92 Bars.”

We now have a clearer understanding of where the beef stems from.

TMZ reports that Game believes Meek implicated him in the robbery of Sean Kingston’s $300,000 chain back in June.

As we reported at the time, Kingston claimed he was at the Penthouse Nightclub & Dayclub in West Hollywood when 2 men approached him. He was hit in the head with a bottle and had his chain snatched.

Meek and The Game happened to be at the club when Kingston was assaulted.

Game believes Meek snitched to the police by telling them that someone from his crew had something to do with the robbery.

Law enforcement officials TMZ contacted Friday, September 16, told the website that Game was never a suspect and Kingston stopped cooperating, resulting in the investigation being closed.

Meek responded to all the drama by calling it a publicity stunt by Game to promote his upcoming album.

“U wanna fight? Next morning a diss raps,” he captioned a now deleted Instagram post. “Then the pre-order links! THE JIG IS UP YALL GUYS REAL RAPPERS! Make sure y’all go support them industry cats!”

Game shot right back with a caption on a photo of himself and Meek’s girlfriend Nicki Minaj.

“The last time Nicki held a REAL N**** #7thGradeBodyHavinAssNigga,” Game quipped. “Everybody know you the wife n****…. If she take her followers back, you gone be back at 100k !!! #Snitch #RatsWillDoAnythingForCheese #WeakMeal.”

 

This beef is still cooking. It will be interesting to see if Meek releases a diss song of his own.

The Game Calls Meek Mill A Snitch During Concert. Drops ’92 Bars’ Diss Track: ‘I’ve Been Wanting To Give Nicki This Pool Stick’

 

Audio And Video After The Jump

Seemingly out of nowhere The Game is going in on Meek Mill.

During an appearance at STORY Nightclub in Miami Thursday, September 15, the Compton rapper called Meek a snitch and said he wanted to scrap with him.

” I just wanna beat that n*gga a$$ one good time,” Game told the audience. “When you see me n*gga, square up. F*ck Meek Mill.”

He later said Meek was a rat.

“Snitching like Weak Mill, I never heard of that,” Game rapped during a song.

On Friday morning, September 16, The Breakfast Club premiered a diss record by The Game aimed at Meek called “92 Bars,” in which he talks about wanting to get with the MMG rapper’s girlfriend, Nicki Minaj.

“And I’ve been wanting to give Nicki this pool stick / So, tell your your lil’ vibrant thang come f*ck with q-tip,” he raps.

There’s obviously a backstory to this beef and we’ll let you guys know as soon as we find out what it is.

Future Counter-Sues Rocko & A1 Recordings. Claims They Breached His Contract, Not Vice Versa

 

Future and Rocko may soon be facing off in court now that they have filed lawsuits against each other.

As we previously reported, Rocko sued Future for $10 million in June, alleging the rapper signed a deal with his A1 Recordings label in 2011. As part of the agreement, Future’s first six albums would be recorded for the label.

The record executive claims Future breached his contract by negotiating backdoor deals with A1’s distributor, Epic Records, without his knowledge. Then failed to pay A1 it’s 25% cut from those multi-million dollar advances.

Rocko wants proper financial compensation, plus a share of Future’s earnings from endorsements and touring.

TMZ reports that Future has now filed a counter-suit.

The “Turn On the Lights” hit maker claims his deal with A1 Recordings was not exclusive and the advances Epic Records gave him were above board.

He adds that Rocko and A1 actually owe him money because he had to pay out of pocket for all of his recording costs and wasn’t reimbursed by the label. In addition, Future says he never received the $10,000 per album advances he was due.

The rapper is asking a judge to force Rocko to cough up the money he’s owed.

Kanye West Responds To Kid Cudi: “I Birthed You. You Mad I’m Doing Songs With Drake? Respect The God!”

 

Kid Cudi had social media buzzing Wednesday, September 14, with a stream of fiery tweets that took aim at Drake and his former G.O.O.D. Music label boss, Kanye West.

“Everyone thinks they’re soooo great. Talkin top 5 and be having 30 people write songs for them,” Cudi wrote. “My tweets apply to who they apply. Ye, Drake, whoever. These n*ggas dont give a f*ck about me. And they aint f*ckin with me.”

Everyone thinks they’re soooo great. Talkin top 5 and be having 30 people write songs for them

My tweets apply to who they apply. Ye, Drake, whoever. These niggas dont give a fuck about me. And they aint fuckin with me.

It didn’t take West long to respond.

During his concert Wednesday night at Amalie Arena in Tampa, West stopped the show briefly to fire back.

“Kid Cudi, don’t ever mention ‘Ye name!” West roared to the approval of the 16,000fans in attendance. “I birthed you! … Don’t try to say who I can do songs with! You mad ’cause I’m doing songs with Drake? Can’t nobody tell ‘Ye who to do songs with! Respect the God!”

Kid Cudi Takes Aim At Kanye West & Drake Via Twitter: “Everyone Thinks They’re So Great. Talking Top 5 & Be Having 30 People Write Songs For Them”

 

In April of 2013 Kid Cudi left Kanye West’s G.O.O.D. Music label. He released a statement at the time saying there were no hard feelings.

“Man, everything is cool,” the Cleveland rapper said. “Everything is peace with everybody on the label. There’s never been any issues, but I am announcing that I’m no longer on G.O.O.D. Music. And this is something that no one knows, really. I’m no longer on G.O.O.D. Music.”

On Wednesday, September 14, Cudi went on a Twitter rant that suggests he didn’t reveal his true feelings when he exited stage left.

“I need yall to know I got so many haters within the industry and these clowns know Im bout to crush their entire existance,” he began. “Everyone thinks they’re soooo great. Talkin top 5 and be having 30 people write songs for them. Let me tell you something. The days of the f*ckery are over. The fake ones wont be lasting too much longer. Im the one they worry about cause they know I dont give a f*ck about the corny sh!t they do. And all u jealous chicken hearted sh!ts I see you too. I am the culture. I keep silent because I dont ever wanna come off like some angry hater, but today, not only do I feel fantastic, Im feelin like taking over. I already have.”

Cudi then got more specific about the targets of his diatribe, when he named both Kanye and Drake.

“My tweets apply to who they apply. Ye, Drake, whoever. These n!ggas dont give a f*ck about me. And they aint f*ckin with me,” the “Day ‘N’ Night” hitmaker continued. “N!ggas keep you close when they see how powerful you are by yourself. When they see your greatness. Out of fear. Ive been loyal to those who haven’t been to me and that ends now. Now im your threat. Anybody got a issue with my words im glad. If you feel me, dont be scared to use your voice. I was for so long out of blind loyalty. From here Ill let the music speak. As you were, peace and love to my supporters and true ones.”

Well, Damn!