It’s no secret that Dr. Dre and Suge Knight haven’t seen eye-to-eye dating back to their time together at Death Row Records, but their beef never escalated to the point where either one of them tried to physically harm the other.
Knight is now disputing that by claiming Dre put a $20,000 hit out on his life.
Let’s backtrack to January 29, 2015. On that day Knight went to the Compton, California movie set where “Straight Outta Compton” was being filmed.
A dispute between Knight and security escalated into a fight, which spilled over into the parking lot of Tam’s Burgers, where Knight allegedly ran over Cle “Bone”Sloan and Terry Carter with his truck.
Carter was killed and Sloan suffered severe injuries to his legs.
TMZ reports that In new legal documents filed by Knight, the 52-year old former football player says that he and a private investigator met with a man by the name of Dwayne Johnson in July of 2016.
During the meeting Johnson told both of them that Dre had given him a$20,000 partial payment to “participate in my murder.”
Johnson was at Tam’s on the day Knight ran Carter and Sloan over, and was allegedly supposed to kill the record executive.
Knight’s legal team requested to look at Dre’s financial records. Presumably to find out if a payment had been made to Johnson, but a judge denied the request.
Dr. Dre’s lawyers told TMZ that the allegations were “absurd.”
Knight remains in a Los Angeles jail. He’s been charged with one count of murder, one count of attempted murder and two counts of hit-and-run stemming from the fatal crash.
In convicted he’s facing a life sentence.