Birdman takes a moment to clear the air about his longstanding legal battle with Weezy.
Y’all better leave Birdman alone and put some respeck on his name!
Birdman wants people to stay out of his business, especially when it comes to his ongoing legal battle with Lil Wayne.
Birdman has remained relatively quiet about his feud with Lil Wayne, but now it looks like he’s had enough of public opinion on the matter.
He took to his Instagram live to send off a few warning shots to those who won’t mind their business.
“I be hearing all of you n-ggas talking about this Lil Wayne sh-t. Lil Wayne this, Lil Wayne that. B-tch Lil Wayne my son. I raised him. He ain’t have nothing, I brought him to be something and got something. B-tch you think I ain’t gonna make sure he straight? Suck a n-gga dick b-tch. I’ma show all you lil pussy a-ss n-ggas that ever got in my business f-ck you n-gga I’ma show you don’t play with me n-gga. I’m what you call a f-cking real mastermind. You lil bitty b-tch. And if you cross my line, you already know, I ain’t even gotta tell ya. You know what type of n-gga I am and how I live. F-ck you n-gga. Tear your ass up playing with me and mine,” said Birdman.
Birdman claims that he’s still making sure that Weezy is straight. Lil Wayne is saying otherwise. There are certainly three sides to every story, and someone is lying here. Sadly, I don’t think there is anyway possible that Wayne & Birdman’s relationship will ever go back to what it use to be.
The Hip Hop mogul partnered with the Hollywood producer for docs about Kalief Browder and Trayvon Martin. After firing its founder Harvey Weinstein, The Weinstein Company is in the process of rebranding itself. News continues to break about accusations of the award-winning producer sexually assaulting numerous women, and the Hollywood business is ready to move on from the alleged predator.
Sources tell TMZ Shawn “Jay-Z” Carter is considering investing in the company. The Hip Hop mogul is reportedly connecting with other investors to potentially purchase Weinstein’s 23% interest.
Jay partnered with Weinstein to produce Spike’s The Kalief Browder Story. They were also working on a documentary about Trayvon Martin based on the book written by the slain teenager’s parents Sybrina Fulton and Tracy Martin.
“We’ve know each other socially and we’ve always talked about doing something together. I think we understand each other,” said Weinstein about Carter in April. “People look at Jay Z and they don’t say, ‘That’s a well-read guy,’ and people look at me and think the same thing, but we’re both extremely well-read. That’s the surprise of the whole thing, and it’s what makes it work. He’s one of the most brilliant men I know.”
Pink says she regrets taking sides in one of music’s biggest pop feuds: Taylor Swift vs. Katy Perry.
In a revealing interview with the Los Angeles Times, the 38-year-old recalled her past appearance on a London radio show in which she said she’s “Team Taylor” when asked to quickly pick a side.
“I should’ve just kept my mouth shut, because I don’t believe that. I don’t care,” Pink said. “I felt rushed and I didn’t know what to do. And I paid for it, because then the next day: ‘Pink is Team Taylor.’ ”
Perry, 32, and 27-year-old Swift had been embroiled in a bitter beef over the years. The feud saw diss tracks and snarky jabs, though Perry has since expressed her desire to end the squabble.
Now, Pink, a mom of two, has said she regrets almost getting “caught up” in the singers’ spat.
“I have two kids — I have a baby. And it’s so different now. I’m not inclined toward drama and feuds and soundbites,” she told the Times. She shares two children with husband Carey Hartdaughter Willow Sage, 6, and son Jameson Moon, 9 months.
The “What About Us” singer has more important things to focus on these days, a she gears up for the Friday release of her seventh studio album Beautiful Trauma and accompanying short film On the Record: P!nk — Beautiful Trauma. Both will be available worldwide on Apple Music.
In the PEOPLE exclusive clip of the film, Pink opens up about her life, reflecting on her career before and after marriage and children.
“I would like to put everything I am and everything I have into everything that I do,” she said in a sneak peek of the documentary. “I’d say the hardest part is just trying to figure it all out. I signed up for this when I was 16 and now I have children and I have a marriage.”
She added: “I just want to always make sure that I’m doing right by them. It’s not a simple puzzle anymore — it’s not just me.”
As Darel claimed to Le Parisien Thursday, after meeting Weinstein at the film’s New York City launch in 1994, he began pursuing her — calling her repeatedly and asking to meet him. Suspecting his intentions, Darel said she pretended to be dating her costar to get him to back off.
That didn’t stop Weinstein though, Darel alleged. In 1995, she said she received a call from the producer at her parents house in France. He asked her to meet him at his suite at The Ritz in Paris, she claimed. Darel told Le Parisien that her agent pressured her into going, telling her, “You can’t afford not to go.”
Their encounter started off formal, said Darel, with Weinstein urging the actress to collaborate on a film.
Things quickly took a turn though, according to Darel. After yelling there was no jacuzzi in his room, Darel claimed Weinstein began to make moves on her — seemingly unbothered by the fact that his wife was next door.
“He started to tell me that he found me very attractive and wanted to have relations with me,” Darel told Le Parisien. “I told him I was very in love with my companion. He replied that didn’t bother him at all and offered to have me be his mistress a few days a year. That way we could continue to work together. Basically, it was ‘If you want to continue in America, you have to go through me.’ ”
Darel said she quickly left, telling Weinstein, “I’m sorry, I have to leave.”
Reflecting back on the incident, Darel tells PEOPLE she opened up to a few people around her about what had allegedly happened — including her agent and boyfriend — but mostly stayed quiet.
“What could I do ? Could I go to the police and say, ‘This disgusting man made me an indecent proposal in his hotel room at The Ritz?’ They would have laughed at me. Even when you are raped it is difficult to prove and society in many cases, puts the burden of proof on women,” she says.
While Darel says Weinstein never made additional advances on her, she notes the alleged incident never left her mind.
“I couldn’t forget this story,” she tells PEOPLE. “Every time I saw Harvey Weinstein at the Cannes Film Festival, it came back to me. I couldn’t avoid this and I would see him and he would treat me as though it hadn’t happened. As though he had moved on and put me aside.”
“What makes me angry is that this is only coming out now,” she adds. “Why? Why if everyone knew it, is it only coming out now?,” Darel said. “People can’t be silent. It is difficult for victims to talk, but they have to speak out or this will not stop.”
“This is not about me really. It’s more a general problem across society,” the actress says. “It is about powerful men who assume that their power can attain them anything. This is a product of many centuries, where men thought that for a woman to get what she wants, she must pay. It’s a societal problem which has to be changed.
“I’m not the point. This is behavior which men have to stop in themselves and not just in the movie business.”
Darel joins a chorus of women who have detailed similar accounts about the movie executive including Cara Delevingne, Ashley Judd, Angelina Jolie, Gwyneth Paltrow, and fellow French actress Léa Seydoux (of Inglourious Basterds fame), who wrote a piece in The Guardian Wednesday detailing an alleged hotel room encounter with Weinstein.
In a bombshell New York Times report last week, eight women spoke out against Weinstein, accusing him of inappropriate behavior. The paper also reported that Weinstein reached private settlements with eight women, including actress Rose McGowan.
Following the initial report, Weinstein said in a statement that he was working with therapists and planned to “deal with this issue head-on.” He has since been fired from his powerhouse studio, The Weinstein Company, and his wife, Marchesa designer Georgina Chapman, has announced she’s leaving him.
“My heart breaks for all the women who have suffered tremendous pain because of these unforgivable actions. I have chosen to leave my husband. Caring for my young children is my first priority and I ask the media for privacy at this time,” Chapman said in a statement to PEOPLE.
On Tuesday, Paltrow and Jolie added their own accounts of alleged mistreatment. Paltrow told the NYT that Weinstein sexually harassed her in a hotel room when she was 22. The encounter allegedly ended with Weinstein placing his hands on her and suggesting a massage.
Jolie also told the outlet that she had a “bad experience” with Weinstein in a hotel room during the release of Playing by Heart in the late ’90s.
Also on Tuesday, the The New Yorker revealed — among 13 different women’s accounts of alleged sexual harassment, assault or rape — that the mogul allegedly forcibly performed oral sex on Italian actress Asia Argento two decades ago. Actresses Mira Sorvino and Rosanna Arquette also claimed that after rejecting Weinstein’s unwanted advances, they were removed from or kept from being hired for projects.
In response to the lengthy allegations made against Weinstein in the New Yorker piece, a spokesperson for Weinstein said, “Any allegations of non-consensual sex are unequivocally denied by Mr. Weinstein.”
Weinstein spoke to cameras on Wednesday while leaving his daughter’s Los Angeles house, saying he was “not doing okay” and hoping for a “second chance” after amid the allegations.
A source confirmed to PEOPLE that the 65-year-old had flown out of Los Angeles to enter a residential treatment facility.
Actress Rose McGowan, who was one of the first to speak out about Harvey Weinstein’s alleged sexual assaults, has been temporarily blocked by Twitter after she took to the social platform to rant on those who have been quiet on the issue.
This morning, McGowan shared a screen-shot on Instagram she received from Twitter Inc. claiming that they’ve “temporarily limited some of” her Twitter account features, including the ability to tweet.
According to the Twitter rules, harassment and hateful conduct are grounds for being suspended.
It emerged last week that Hollywood producer Harvey Weinstein raped three women and sexually assaulted and harassed numerous others, using his influence in the industry to threaten and silence his victims.
The Times reported that McGowan herself reached a settlement with Weinstein over undisclosed claims in 1997.
Following reports of the numerous sexual assaults, McGowan emerged as one of the most vocal denouncers of Weinstein. She took to her Twitter page to call out numerous Hollywood figures that allegedly knew of his crimes and said nothing.
She tweeted at Matt Damon asking, “what’s it like to be a spineless profiteer who stays silent?” and she told her fellow celeb Ben Affleck “Fuck off.” McGowan also called for the board of the Weinstein Company to be dissolved following the allegations.
Harvey Weinstein who has been accused by 28 women of sexual harassment and assault, was recently checked into a rehab center in Arizona, where he will deal with his sex addiction and other behavioral issues.
Beyonce gave birth only four months ago but her tummy has snapped back so much so that she can now flaunt it.
The mother-of-three showcased her incredible post-baby body as she flashed her abs. In a series of photos shared on Instagram today, the 36-year-old sported a flirty cropped white bardot top and a pair of corset detailed trousers that flaunted her taut stomach.
President Trump started and ended his day Wednesday by lashing out at NBC and other American television networks. He explicitly threatened the press by saying on Twitter that “network news has become so partisan, distorted and fake that licenses must be challenged and, if appropriate, revoked.”
It was a follow-up to the morning missive that reflected his fury over an NBC News report that said he wanted a tenfold increase in the United States’nuclear arsenal. He decried “fake news coming out of NBC and the Networks” and asked “At what point is it appropriate to challenge their License? Bad for country!”
So the president is asserting that media companies which report aggressively about his administration should be punished by having their television station licenses scrutinized and possibly revoked.
In between those two tweets, Trump told reporters in the Oval Office that he found it “frankly disgusting the press is able to write whatever it wants to write.”
Freedom of the press is a core principle of the U.S. Constitution.
When a reporter followed up and asked whether he believed there “should be limits on what the press should write,” Trump said, “No. The press should speak more honestly.”
Still, his comment raised eyebrows, especially because it was the latest remark in a string of heightened “fake news” attacks Trump has leveled against the press in recent days.
Trump’s new comments were condemned by press freedom organizations and some former government officials.
But his threat about TV licenses is essentially toothless.
First of all, there is no single license for NBC or any other national television network. Licenses are granted to individual local stations — and NBC doesn’t even own most of the stations that broadcast its content across the country. And it is extremely unusual for any station’s license to be taken away for any reason, much less for a political vendetta.
The licenses for local television stations are subject to review by the Federal Communications Commission every eight years.
It would not be possible for Trump or his allies to challenge all of the licenses held by NBC in one fell swoop. Residents would have to submit complaints about individual stations to the FCC on a market-by-market basis.
The president seems to be encouraging that with his Wednesday night tweet.
There is precedent for political allies of a president challenging local licenses. It happened under Richard Nixon in the 1970s, when a friend of Nixon’s tried to take over a license held by the Washington Post. Nixon’s ally did not succeed in his bid.
Short of gross misconduct on the part of a challenged station, it’s unlikely any other such attempt now would be successful either.
“Whatever other legal problems [NBC parent] Comcast may have, this is not one of them,” Andrew Jay Schwartzman, an attorney who works at the Georgetown University Law Center and specializes in telecommunications law, told CNN. “Comcast knows full well that the FCC will never, ever, deny its license renewal applications.”
The FCC is technically an independent body, not subject to the president’s orders. FCC Chairman Ajit Pai — who is a Republican appointed to his current post by Trump — said in March that his job is not to be a “political actor.”
“It is simply to be somebody at the FCC who, as I said, is administering the laws of the United States,” Pai said. “I’m simply not going to wade into that kind of political debate.”
Neither Pai nor an FCC spokesperson immediately responded to requests for comment about Trump’s tweet. But former FCC officials were quick to skewer the president.
“To me it’s just incomprehensible that because of the content of NBC News that somehow their license would be at risk,” Alfred Sykes, a Republican who served as chairman of the FCC under George H.W. Bush, told The Wrap.
“This madcap threat, if pursued, would be blatant and unacceptable intervention in the decisions of an independent agency,” echoed Michael Copps, a Democrat who served as FCC commissioner under both George W. Bush and Barack Obama, in a statement to HuffPost. “The law does not countenance such interference. President Trump might be happier as emperor, but I think the American people would strip him of his clothes on this issue.”
A spokesperson for NBC declined to comment.
Trump has increased his attacks on the media in the past week. Last week, he urged the Senate Intelligence Committee to investigate news outlets for publishing supposed “fake” stories. Over the weekend, he hinted it was perhaps time for a law that would require broadcasters to give equal time to both sides of the political debate when discussing public policy.
“At what point are we going to silence media critical of the President?” tweeted Rep. Adam Schiff, the ranking Democrat on the House Intelligence Committee. “When we cease to have a First Amendment and a democratic government.”